There's a huge problem running rampant in the online marketing industry that can be summed up in one word:
Lets expand on this a bit, shall we?
Here's just a few of the problems we've seen first hand and what we've heard from countless others:
- Marketing companies call you every single day promising the moon then take your money and can't deliver, or worse, vanish into thin air.
- There is very little transparency between you and your online marketing company. They know just enough jargon to keep you paying them to deliver mediocre results.
- You know they are also serving your competitors which means to gain any type of an edge you have to be in some kind of bidding war.
So what can you do to combat these atrocities?
These are the absolute unbreakable laws you should hold your marketing company to to make sure you don't get screwed over:
- Make sure they configure industry standard Google Analytics tools. Many companies use "proprietary" or in-house analytics packages that let them fudge the numbers. Don't let this happen.
- Make sure they back up their recommendations with hard data that they can show you. In todays day and age, there's no reason why you can't see some facts to base your buying decisions on.
- Make sure they provide access to all Analytics and PPC accounts. Many providers decide to own your accounts so if you cancel with them, you lose all of your past data.
YES, OF COURSE WE ARE GOING TO ADD THE CALL TO ACTION:
KOVACH ENTERPRISES is all about Honest, Transparent, Online Marketing Advice.